Born in Berlin, Christmann emigrated to Australia in 1959. Regarded as a painter’s painter, Christmann has been making abstract and figurative paintings since the early 1960s and has exhibited frequently since 1965 throughout Australia and overseas.
He has been labelled as one of the major Australian artists of his generation and ‘one of Australia’s best kept secrets by art historian and curator Mary Eagle.
- The Field exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria in 1968
- XI Biennale of Sao Paolo, Brazil in 1971
- 1st & 4th Biennale of Sydney in 1973 and 1982
- Melbourne Art Fair in 2012
- Auckland Art Fair in 2011
- Heide Museum of Modern Art 2014
- Art Gallery of New South Wales,
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Berlinische Galerie, Berlin, Germany
- H.R.M. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands’ Collection, Netherlands
- British Museum, London
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Belgrade
- Sylvester Stallone Collection
Have a question?
If you have any questions you want to be answered, please contact us via the form below. Alternatively, you can give us a call, please see our contact page for more details.
Badger & Fox Gallery is proud to be part of the Art Money program which allows you to purchase our art with your interest-free loans from Art Money.
Please contact us to make a purchase with ArtMoney, or to apply please head over to the ArtMoney website.
Art Money makes owning art immediate and affordable. Payments are spread over 10 equal monthly payments. After paying a 10% deposit, you can take your artwork home and pay the remaining balance over 9 months, interest-free.
All artworks are sent via Pack & Send both within Australia and overseas. For large items, we may use a specialised art carrier. Small items may also be sent via Australia Post.
Unless the shipping cost is itemised when you purchase, Badger and Fox Gallery Pty Ltd will contact you regarding the shipping costs, as these can vary as artworks are different sizes and weights. Please contact us if you would like a shipping cost prior to purchasing if it is not itemised.
Shipping costs include all packing and packaging materials. Insurance is included and a track and trace facility is available on all dispatched items.
Learn more about our shipping and delivery.